Blue print is an old term for construction documents. Construction document is the proper term for drawing and specifications that you will need to file with the building department or bid contractors to get your work constructed. Generally, the absolute minimum drawings included will be architectural sheets to show new walls, drawings, showing any demoliation, plumbing drawings, mechanical drawings, electrical drawings. If you are building a new building or manking structural changings to an old building then you will need structural drawing. For exterior work you will need civil engineering drawings and an architectural site plan. Generally, for buildings these drawings come from an architect who will sometimes hire a specialist for things like structural. However, this is not always so. If your work is only a parking lot then you may only need a civil engineer. If you are only doing electrical work then you may only need an electrical engineer’s drawing. Every thing is project specific and no two projects are alike. 

For details on your specific property, please call for an apppintment and give us your property assessor’s parcel number before the meeting.

No, there are many other approvals that you may need dependent upon your situation. The first thing to enquire about is the zoning for your project. If you dont have the correct zoning then that is a seperate process that takes multiple months to get approved. Certain projects needs use permits for that use regardless of the zoning. Examples of the projects that need used permits are: Gambling, bars, liquore, store, marijuana related projects, car sales and other. The use permit process is similar to the zoning process in that the timeline takes a long time and cannot be rushed much. This is because your project has to go through a number of steps and appear before public hearing. These public hearings occur on fixed schedules that have no relation to your your project and have been pre determined. Ther are also legal public notice procedures that take time before your project can be on these agendas.

For instance, we draw up what you want, sohow it to the bureaucracy for comment,  show you what they asked for to get their support, draw up the revisions and submit it to the approval staff. Then the approval processign staff schedule it to be on the town board meeting that occur next. That next available meeting could be in two weeks or five. Then if the town board had comments or required revisions or notes be added, we add them or revise and go back to get scheduled on the plannign comission agenda for their next meeting whcih could be in two weeks or two months and it continues until the city council or the country comission approve at their meeting.

If your project is not controversial then it probably will take 90 days for this process. If your project is controversial then it could take foreever or get rejected. The timelines above do not assume that you will us SSA for your architect. They are general assuming that you have a competent architect.

We have done this kind of work successfully many times. But it is important to understand that no one guarantees success and sometimes you will need a lawyer in addittion to SSA. As with all of our work the initial consultaion in our office is free. You will need to tell us some specifics to know more than we said here.